I received this lovely award alongside some other amazing women artists (and one guy) by the very nice RavonCol, a friend from Flickr and Everyday Matters. I am so surprised! It really made my day and makes me wanna get back on the Drawing-A-Day stick which I know I've fallen off of lately.
So, I now need to honor a few others and keep this award going. There are some I'm omitting because they were in Col's post, so, please check that out for more (i.e. Felicity G, Andrea Joseph, etc.)! I hope I don't forget anyone obvious! Please forgive me if I do!
1. Cedar Raven (RavenCol): Really thoughtful and inspiring EDM entries abound from her! Of course, she's #1 for awarding me. :D
2. Anne Ruthmann Photography: Our wedding photographer extraordinaire and a really lovely person. Her blog is chocked full of inspiration and great information for the small business person. She's really funny too.
3. Allison Sommers: Her work sends my head into a whirl of "I wish I'd thought of that!" and "I need to get on my game!" Truly indescribable paintings of wonderment.
4. Emusing Emma: My Scottish crafty friend who is burdened by a wealth of great ideas.
5. Karen Blados: She gave me an award a few months ago that I don't believe I returned, so, it's about time I DO! Her sketchbook pages are sooooo enthralling and well done. I can't imagine anyone not becoming addicted to reading them.
6. Wagonized: What she can do with a car and a PEN! Holy crap. I lovelovelove how obvious it is that she LOVES her subjects as much as she does.
7. Supah: Kickin' in old skool - Amy and I go waaay back to our mid-90's Chicago art skool days and she was the sole inspiration for me starting a blog/website and a lot else. Wackiness, kitties, squirrels, Boston Terriers, recipes, and fun-kay planters abound over at her site.
8. The Loud Librarian: Marissa and I are non-internet-based pals through Eric and she has a wit that is unmatched. Need a good book to read? You will not be at a loss on her blog.
9. Gallery of the Absurd: I have a small celebritiwhore streak and it's primarily reserved for Carpet Burn & Fourteen's website. Honestly, whatta illustrator & commentator. UPDATE: Apparently, she has merged her site with Holy Candy to become Circus Hour!
10. Heather Bailey: I just discovered her blog and I cannot imagine how she does all that she does! She creates amazing things for her kids (and kids in general) and drop-dead-gorgeous fabrics. I could aspire to being so driven, honestly.
The participation rules are simple if you'd like to keep this going:
1. If you get tagged (and want to play along), write a post with links to blogs that you love,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
If it's not super-apparent, I changed a few things around these parts today. I wanted to add a selection from my obscenely large bookmark collection, so now you have the pull-down menus to the right. They should give you a new window to view the link in each time.
Art I Love: self-explanatory... my favourite artists (that I've located thus far) Pals: online and in real life Places I Go: a variety of my favourite sites in general; stuff I find interesting Music: sites to buy and listen to fantastic music; reference sites too Genealogy: a selection of what I think are the most useful general genealogy sites on the web IndieShop: shops I love, support, and plain think are worth seeing You'll Find It: total miscellany; fun and funny sites; curiosities; DYI; kitties; you name it
Also, I popped in a Last.FM "quilt" there to the left that displays my top albums. I hope the animation isn't annoying. Lemme know if it drives you crazy.
Lastly, I've posted a link under "Stalking Material" to my genealogy website. It's totally not complete or as media-rich as it will be, but, it's time to add it. I've found more distant cousins on the web than you can imagine, so, never say something isn't worth the time. :)
By the way, clicking on the genealogy link will probably reveal that I have some OCD going on. Just a warning ;)
The content and images on this site are protected by United States & International Copyright Law
and may not be downloaded, copied, scanned, repurposed, reproduced, or altered in any way without the express consent of myself or Megalo-Media Illustration (or the party who owns the copyright, if it's not me... it will be indicated with the photo/drawing).
By viewing this website, you agree to these terms.